A New Shed, For Ed

Moving Day/Sanding Away

Moved over a few 'hanging' tools.

Started sanding down the workbench cabinets and my two donor cabinets, with measles.
I've also decided on retaining the brown bottom panels, (at least for now).
I have about a 1/2 gallon of paint left over from painting one of my others sheds.

That's more than enough paint, to do the cabinets, but not enough to do all of the brown panels.
There will be three more panels, that will require the same color paint, so I'm holding off on painting all of them for now.

I can't believe I have all this extra room, and I have no place to put anything ...Yet.

I'm getting there, if not for yard chores.

What with weeding..still...moving bushes, digging up dead bushes, planting rose bush, mulching,
repairing sprinkler system, mowing lawn, fertilizing lawn, spraying vegetation killer.
Whew ! I think I'm to tired to finish this post .....zzzzzzzz.

Anyway, I keep working on this, in between the chores.

Cabinets are in and secured. Painted. (Cured the measles look)
Next step today, (I think), will be to put wood sealer on the workbench top and back splash.
I'm hoping it will result in a nicer appearance, as well as provide a bit of protection.

Decided to leave the original stained drawers/doors, for now.
It's a nice contrast, but may change later.

It will soon be time, to move the StreetRunner and Inferno, into their new home. YEA!

One dilemma. Over the years I have accumulated dozens of nuts, bolts and screws,
of every size, shape and application you might imagine. I bought a number of extra parts bins, to help sort them.
Dilemma...where to put the bins....(the ones not pictured here)....hmmmmmm?

Thar's a strong wind, a blow'n today.

Wind Advisory in effect until Wednesday, 2:00 AM PDT. Source: U.S. National Weather Service
Winds...Areas of west winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 50 mph.

My newly replanted bushes are taking a beating.

Shop Progress

I started this morning, by painting the remainder of the workbench top and back splash.
( I know, I said I was going to use wood sealer). Well I changed my mind, and I like that I did.
I had just enough paint left, to do this last part, so I went ahead and painted it.

I've 'bin' working on this, parts bin layout, most of the day.
First thing I had to do, was clean my drawer's. (All thirteen of them)

Drawers clean now, but only a presort done.

Second 'donor' cabinet, at other end.

With the first end virtually done, it's time to start thinking about how I'm going to use/finish the other end.
Still need to move the drill press over. A two man (at least) job.

Very impressive setup - and so neat. Just think about it, any activity in there whatsoever and it all starts to head south, eventually looking like so many others, a real workshop.
Can't wait until that happens. That will mean, it's getting used.
Remember this is where I was.

Today, I passed a milestone, of sorts.

I moved the StreetRunner over.
I think one is able to see a better perspective, as to its size.

Example: I had to remove the rear wheels, just to get the car out of the old shed.
This shop, the double door is 8' wide. Plenty of room to roll out or in.

My eyesight, being what it is, or better yet, what it isn't, extra brightness helps a lot.

So today I also moved/hung two new LED lights in the overhead center.
The others are LED (3000 lumens @ only 30 watts)where as the two overhead center, are LED (5000 lumens @ 60 watts).
FYI, a 100 watt, incandescent bulb is equivalent to about 1600 lumens.

Last edited:
Wow Ed thats a dream shop for most backyard enthusiasts. Love it man. No stopping you now. Going to be hard to get you back in the house.
Well hi there Graucho. Nice to know you are still around.
I am lucky to have the space to do it. Also this shop is fully enclosed, except for the two ski light vents.
I got so down, over in the other shop, from all the sand/dirt/dust, that just got into everything.

Wow!
Amazing machine just waiting to be completed in an amazing workspace!

Brad
Thanks for the comments guys.

Starting to see the end of the tunnel, regarding the time and inclination to work on these projects.

I think the next step for the StreetRunner will be the front cowl/windshield support.
I hope to get started back on the Inferno as well. I really want to get it painted, and put back together.

Weeds so bad...asked for help, just a tad.

I hired someone to finish clearing my weeds. All 1.33 acres. Getting to be too much.
They started at 7 am, and its now 4 pm, and they're still at it.
They will finish up tomorrow.

So, while I have the weed situation under control, I started clearing/cleaning out the old shed/shop.
Still clearing and cleaning, but at least its not weeds.

In the process, I pulled these out from under 'other stuff'.
They are only a few of the 23 seats/posts, I have accumulated.

So... just what does one do, with an abundance of old tattered, bicycle seat/posts?
I guess I will just sit on them awhile, maybe some ideas will come my way. :unsure:

save the stems!! they are usable for ??. I have used for various things like handle bar extensions (add to the end for vertical steering with internal gussets for added strength.
LOTS of usful things or them stems but the seats-- maybe place around town for conservation etc.

Very impressive setup - and so neat. Just think about it, any activity in there whatsoever and it all starts to head south, eventually looking like so many others, a real workshop.
A reminder of past predictions.

And finally, everything in its place.....I now feel right at home.
Now, where did I put those eye glasses ?