Search results

  1. 774D646C-F786-4AC9-9F12-00B08816F90A.jpeg


    A small bag I attached to the headrest. It’s permanently installed
  2. E4BA44BC-CE83-4622-A22B-F96405CE25B8.jpeg


    Rear view of headrest
  3. AB310C0B-6710-42DB-8C1F-C8C7C1F7D88B.jpeg


    A friend gave me the frame and fork from a BMX. it also had rear suspension
  4. 993EA89D-D838-4EE9-9878-055AA4B033D1.jpeg


    I had an old mountain bike I used for most of the parts. I used As much as I could from this
  5. C8DE6019-1C3E-4FBF-8852-27B5BCF80BE9.jpeg


    The rear triangle
  6. 7C0CD3AE-8DFE-4FD0-9FC6-25A2BA878308.jpeg


    I chose square steel tubing since I thought it would be easier to get straighter welds at joints. I’m a beginner welder.
  7. 9D2C7D8D-DC5D-4C46-896A-66FCEA5ACE8E.jpeg


    Rear suspension starting to take form
  8. 861CDD1D-547E-4DD9-9566-99BA0AC6881E.jpeg


    Rear view. Here’s something I found....the high density foam for the seat cost more than all the steel I had to buy for the project !
  9. A425E949-E760-4473-B337-56D1824B4D54.jpeg


    I had a fixed angle on the seat. After it was finished, I wish I had a more upright seat angle. Either that, or an adjustable seat angle.
  10. 9B5E204A-0869-46D9-9447-A771B25E99C0.jpeg


    I had trouble with welding the steering tube. I thought I had everything lined up, tacked it, and the angles were completely off. The long handlebars exaggerated the mistake. I had to grind off the weld, and start over. The next time, I clamped everything in place, than tacked it.
  11. 5432A7C4-F19A-4F7C-9273-64208D88650E.jpeg


    The seat is plenty wide. I had plywood around the garage, and cut 3 pieces of steel to join the 2 plywood pieces
  12. 17780E1D-4738-4BBB-AAE2-E3FF872FA8DD.jpeg


    Getting there!
  13. C506E3E8-C5D2-43FE-8DE9-45D760A9AF1D.jpeg


  14. 159D8F97-A2B8-4C0A-AA3D-F68D48FC5AE5.jpeg


    I had to use the fork off the BMX. A fork for a 26” wheel would make the front sit high. The square tab is for steering links
  15. C74D2B52-17DC-435B-A406-ECB44514CF45.jpeg


    The steering control rod I place.
  16. 20554CC8-85BB-4F43-A92D-5C0E81613E70.jpeg


    Steering controls. I have a barrel adjuster to make fine adjustments
  17. 8D2075DC-BED9-464C-B763-6B469166EF13.jpeg


    A couple of buck for vinyl seat. $40 for high density foam ! The cabling for the rear derailleur wasn’t to har to work out. I did (do) have a problem with my front derailleur wanting to twist when I shift. It sometimes doesn’t shift into the gear I want. So I may get rid of the front derailleur
  18. B351E6AC-80DD-42E4-9D40-DB4575D9A181.jpeg


    I used 3 chains to get the length needed. It rubs on the handlebar. See fix in later photo
  19. DF1783F2-A4F9-44E0-A083-C871222B0E9C.jpeg


    The steering rod comes VERY close to the crank arm. I decided not to change the 2” wide steel pieces welded to the handlebar and fork areas. Instead, I cut the square rod and put a “dogleg” around the crank arm. The overall steering ratio isn’t changed.
  20. 3376ED15-5C92-41A7-8B9E-04CA33814991.jpeg