Time Trial Brake Levers

I just came across these which look useful to recumbent builders with USS. Cable in from underneath and wrap the cable to the bar with bar tape but a more normal right way up lever. They appear to be a relatively common item with various other brands too.

I like that. Not for my new build, but maybe I will put tgem on my current bike.
Going to do some things over as my new trike is ready. This could be one of those things.

I'm now wondering if these interrupter levers couldn't be modified to feed the wrong way with the nipple in the adjuster to do the same job but leave the bar ends free for bar end shifters. Presto, everything the right way up on the bars.

That's possible.
I would see if I could drill a hole halfway in from 5mm. So the other cable can slide in. This way it stays on its place.
Other than that, I wouldn't change anything.

You than still can adjust it.

From my understanding of interrupter levers they are designed to insert into a brake line to work if the riders hands are on top as well as not preventing the main levers from working when on the drop part of the bars. ie either lever can pull the same brake calliper. That means they are designed to take an outer cable at both sides of the lever. That being the case no drilling should be needed and the only issue is getting the adjuster to hold a nipple which shouldn't be any problem at all. It even looks like the clamps ought to allow another cable passed to get to a shifter in the bar end.

I intend to get a cheapo set and have a look into this. Having levers the right way up is much better than upside down ones IMO. This could be the holy grail of USS.

I got a pair of interruptor levers today and can confirm that using them right way-up instead of the usual upside down levers we have on many USS recumbents is perfectly doable. They come ready drilled to take an outer cable from underneath leaving a road bike type nipple in the adjuster and requiring the cable outer to be wrapped to the bar like on a modern drop bar set-up. They're cheap too costing me sub £7 a pair delivered and also sub 100g. They're thin enough around the clamp to also pass a cable for bar end shifters meaning everything is the right way up.