wheel placement

Here's a question for you -
I only have the seat and handlebars to go to finish my trike - a delta - and a friend mentioned yesterday that having one motor wheel on the back will cause all kinds of problems - is that true and if so, What is the solution
Thank you

Get a better friend ?

99% of commercial Delta trikes are 1 wheel drive.

Most Kett Weisels are and have been for years , mine a very old one had single wheel drive the only issue was that it drifted slowly away from the drive wheel when pedaling meaning you had to have one hand on the steering at all times.
In all honesty a safer way to ride a trike , especially if at speed :D

Paul

You'd need a very high output motor on a single drive wheel to begin to experience any issues at all. Pedalling or even typical motors driving one wheel won't cause any issue.

Get a better friend ?

99% of commercial Delta trikes are 1 wheel drive.

Most Kett Weisels are and have been for years , mine a very old one had single wheel drive the only issue was that it drifted slowly away from the drive wheel when pedaling meaning you had to have one hand on the steering at all times.
In all honesty a safer way to ride a trike , especially if at speed :D

Paul
Thank you for your speedy response
i just want to get it clear in my head
i have my geared-(cassette +derailleur) +(steering) on the front and one of the rear wheels has a motor

I have 2 homemade deltas. 1 has a mid drive Bafang motor assisting me and driving 1 rear wheel, no issues at with the driveline. The 2nd is pedal power to the left rear wheel and a hub motor only powering the right rear wheel. Some folk's over at BROL thought that it would be hard to ride with weird handling effects. In fact there are no issues at all. It rides and handles just fine in all 3 modes. They are 1) me only pedaling 2) only running the hub motor and 3) both pedaling and using the motor at the same time. Having said all this it shouls be noted both deltas are approx 8' long and fairly heavy, so that may be enough to damp out any bad handling quirks. Quick answer, build your trike your way, try it and then let us know how it works.

I have 2 homemade deltas. 1 has a mid drive Bafang motor assisting me and driving 1 rear wheel, no issues at with the driveline. The 2nd is pedal power to the left rear wheel and a hub motor only powering the right rear wheel. Some folk's over at BROL thought that it would be hard to ride with weird handling effects. In fact there are no issues at all. It rides and handles just fine in all 3 modes. They are 1) me only pedaling 2) only running the hub motor and 3) both pedaling and using the motor at the same time. Having said all this it shouls be noted both deltas are approx 8' long and fairly heavy, so that may be enough to damp out any bad handling quirks. Quick answer, build your trike your way, try it and then let us know how it works.
A massive thank you Hugh - you've made. my day - i was quite happy with how it was going and then when my friend said it wouldn't work - was kinda devistated