Tadpole project

Bracketman

Had an excellent start after way to much research. Front axle is done, approximately 2inch diameter aluminum tubing, used small steel adjustable king pin parts from miniature race car. Next a block of aluminum approximately 4 inches square, a hole bored in it to accept the axe diameter. 90 degrees from that is another hole for the aluminum main frame.This block is cut in half on the hole center lines, 4 counter sunk Allen bolts hold it together, the holes for the axle and main frame are bored .002 under their diameter, so when clamped they can not move If you're still with me you will understand that all this makes it totally adjustable, rotate the axle for king pin inclination, can side to and fro on frame. I realize this is kinda technical, but you just about to be savvy to build. Lots more to explain, if anyone shows interest. Also realize this is not grammarly correct, I was machinists, welder not an English teacher.

You've posted in the sales section!

Pictures will explain what you are doing vastly better than words.

Hello Bracketman. I ride (race) a Windcheeter made by Mike Burrows.
It is made out of aluminium and carbon fibre tubing, glued together into joining cast pieces that are aluminium, machined to fit the tubing.
The gluing is done in grooves, to key in. I think before being put together. (There appears an injection hole seen on the outside but it may be an epoxy run out for excess glue).
Your interference fit may work ok but could be supplimented by gluing if required and if you don't want to take it apart. Though this could still be done.
Just thought I'd mention it but don't want to intrude on your plan. By the way, the bolt holes going through the block and tube would be good.
Shall do photos when free. I'm fixing a lathe motor at the moment.
Martin.

Back