Another DIY Chain Whip/Wrench

Saw this and just had to make my own.

And here is my version.
I didn't time it, but I would say it took +/- 30 minutes to make.

The handle is a seat post. The chain is 19" long. The 3/8" threaded rod is 6" long

Hi Frank

Yeah, there are lots to choose from. This one just hit at the right moment,
as I need one for getting to the sprockets, I want to use for the StreetRunner steering mechanism.

Are you in Thailand or the UK? Whats the virus doing where you are?

Banglen, Thailand and a little bit Reading, UK
My UK trip cancelled, hope to go in the Autumn, if poss. We're in lockdown mode here, wearing a mask outside of our house. Think the number of cases here are relatively low, maybe the climate helps as I'm hearing the virus don't like the heat. Trying to do little DIY projects to keep busy, but being in the hot season now makes it difficult, slouching on the sofa in front of fans a better option .........

My UK trip cancelled, hope to go in the Autumn, if poss. We're in lockdown mode here, wearing a mask outside of our house. Think the number of cases here are relatively low, maybe the climate helps as I'm hearing the virus don't like the heat. Trying to do little DIY projects to keep busy, but being in the hot season now makes it difficult, slouching on the sofa in front of fans a better option .........
There are about 400,000 encompassing four towns here. I think we have 19 cases here.
I'm fortunate that I have my shop and a bit of property to roam around. We only go out to shop for essentials.

But, it is going to be a whole lot worse soon....I'm almost out of welding gas!...😨

Saw this and just had to make my own.

And here is my version.
I didn't time it, but I would say it took +/- 30 minutes to make.

The handle is a seat post. The chain is 19" long. The 3/8" threaded rod is 6" long

Nice! I was going to start mine today but it's Sunday and powertools area no no here in Germany on Sunday 😂

????????????. You can't use a powertool on a Sunday in Germany? That's bonkers.
It is bonkers..I'm American and it's like total culture shock,you can't use powertools,mow your lawn or basically anything loud on Sunday..Oh,and truckdrivers have to keep their big rigs parked on Sunday 😂

It is bonkers..I'm American and it's like total culture shock,you can't use powertools,mow your lawn or basically anything loud on Sunday..Oh,and truckdrivers have to keep their big rigs parked on Sunday 😂
Very God-Fearing them Germans. Day of rest/peace etc. We used to be like that in the UK (when I was a child) and supermarkets would shut at 3PM on a Saturday with no Sunday opening at all; but now everywhere is open on a Sunday till 4 pm. Apart from now during lockdown that is.

SirJoey

Super Moderator
Way kool, buddy! I've always wanted to make one of those!
Still would, if I still had a welder & shop to work in.

I've started building my chainwhip today ..can't figure out to post pics here to show my progress 😂😂