Building a woodie

OK, here it goes. I have the plan to build a wooden Marauder. I spent a lot of time thinking about it, getting info, figuring things out in my head. I am now in the proces of getting the plans from Brad converted to a wooden version. Offcourse the chassis will be beefier than the original plans. I want to check some measurements with you guys concerning the front fork. The biggest drawback of working with wood is that when something is not correct and you need to cut into the chassis, the strength is gone. Cutting and welding is easier. That's why I want to get it right the first time.

With the head tube angle Brad states in his plans I will have 4,8cm (1,9") rake and 10,5cm (4,1") trail. Does this sound ok? Or is this too much trail? The offset on the fork is 4cm (1,6") .I have read on the old forum some people found the plans gave too much trail. I am planning on high speed riding, so this might not apply to me, but what are your opinions on this? As stated, I would like to get it first time right...

Bob

With the head tube angle Brad states in his plans I will have 4,8cm (1,9") rake and 10,5cm (4,1") trail. Does this sound ok? Or is this too much trail? The offset on the fork is 4cm (1,6") .I have read on the old forum some people found the plans gave too much trail. I am planning on high speed riding, so this might not apply to me, but what are your opinions on this? As stated, I would like to get it first time right...

Bob
Generally good handling come with approx 2" of trail.

However that will be altered maybe dramatically by the amount of tiller introduced into the steering ?

Some good stuff here :-http://www.ihpva.org/Projects/tstrike/building/handling.htm

and here :-https://sites.google.com/site/recycledrecumbents/mach-2-instructions

if you squint hard it is just a Marauder higher off the ground , ADC has some interesting stuff to say about forks/bending/trail etc

Stormbird, the opinions about trail which I have read vary from 0,5"-2,0". Brad mentions because this is a very long bike it can have some more, but 4" is maybe excessieve? Is there anybody else with a Marauder? Wat is the trail you guys have?