More for them tadpole tilter folks ?

Looks like a tilt-steer with a fixed tilt to steering ratio but also with the addition of tilting the front wheels too.

Looks like a tilt-steer with a fixed tilt to steering ratio but also with the addition of tilting the front wheels too.
It is the trike that I posted also in our tilt discussion.
The one you build, has more steering options, even do that it needs to tilt to steer. This one is completely fixed. Tilt and steering are bind togheter. You can set it up to limit the tilt by steering and how much you want the wheels to tilt, but you can't play with it, while riding.

VK3CKC

Only 3 people on here mad enough to build tilters....

Me - already have
Popshot - is in progress
Emiel - threatens to copy Popshot

Sorry this one is over to you 😁

Paul

Website
axerail.coffeecup.com
VK3CKC

Only 3 people on here mad enough to build tilters....

Me - already have
Popshot - is in progress
Emiel - threatens to copy Popshot

Sorry this one is over to you 😁
Paul
It has been occupying some thinking time. I have another trike to finish first.

It has been occupying some thinking time. I have another trike to finish first.
So the 1 million dollar question , why do you want a tilter ?

Answer in 100 words or less please.

Paul

What's the club of 1 for? Can't be completed tilters.

What's the club of 1 for? Can't be completed tilters.

Tilters that are used daily and have done more than 100 miles ?

You admitted in your write up it was just a novelty and would not make a good general use machine ?

You are on machine #3 ? and I on machine #4 , however I am close to reaching my goals with #4

Paul

there is some concern on another Finnish thread about this trikes geometry ?

If you join the centres of the wheels together you severely reduce the roll over stability triangle ?

Folding mallet head apparently

Paul

The stability triangle will mean much less to a tilter than a non-tilter. A bike has zero stability triangle but we generally manage to ride them.

Website
axerail.coffeecup.com
My unedumicated view is that, if the front wheels stayed vertical, and the rest of the body did not lean, it would have a tendency to roll. However, as the front wheels lean into the turn, any rolling force has to work against that wheel lean. The mass of the vehicle holds it down. David makes comment in his videos about it not rolling. The affect is the same as for racing wheelchairs and trikes that have a fixed lean on the front wheels. As Popshot rightly pointed out, 2-wheelers fall over unless they are moving forward and, the slower you go while turning, the more likely they are to fall over.

I would imagine that the velocipede provided time for people to get used to such a thing so that when pedals were attached, the balance was already there and the guy who invented pedals didn't give up on the first day. Remember when you were learning to ride a bike. I remember avoiding hitting a fence, aided by the fact that there was a bull in the paddock, and running into a steel drum instead. If I was the first bike rider, I might have given up. The next thing they need to get right is the seat (saddle).

there is some concern on another Finnish thread about this trikes geometry ?

If you join the centres of the wheels together you severely reduce the roll over stability triangle ?

Folding mallet head apparently

Paul
That drawing isn't completely right. The wheels also tilt. That makes that you can adjust it, so all wheels will point close to the center point.
But even as it doesn't, it is still better than a non tilting trike.

But as you want to do it close to how it should be, this is the way to do it.

He made some small things a bit different and it isn't perfect, but he minimised the things, what makes that it isn't a problem. But again, even with the small u alignment, it is way better than a normal trike.
He placed the wheels in front, because he makes a velo mobile. But you can use this system with some changes with the wheels closer to you.

I will be very happy to see his ride reports. Especially when $hit happens and he yanks on both control arms backwards in a total panic and something snaps. ;)